Labels

Friday, August 27, 2010

Week 10: Thanks and Advice.

HOPE has been my slogan since the beginning of the course. I just cannot how depressed I was at the beginning of the course when some of the things did not work out. I started thinking "how am I going to learn such skills without the instructor beside me ?", then I realized that I can have more than one person to help through this virtual class. So it was. I started to have control on things again. You can see the difference in my attitude simply by going through the posts on this blog.

It  is HOPE  and belief in a better future.

Another "slogan" that I notice on different webpages these days is "You can make a difference" . As a teacher, with the commitment, hard work and perseverance, we can make a difference.

Dwelling on the idea of "making a difference "and having the concept of "Multiple Intelligences" in mind , I would like to share the following pieces of advice:

On the intrapersonal level:
Two  words of advice to myself :
1. I can make a difference. I simply need to start by myself. Like most of other teachers ,I work in difficult situations. The key to the change is not waiting  for "GU DO", but to take the initiative. Next step,I  will be sharing what I learnt with my colleagues to have a community speaking the same language.

2. Technology is a means to an end .As  a trainer as a teacher,   I should carefully plan the integration of technology tools in any teaching learning activity. Educational goals should not be overlooked on the expense of technology.

On the interpersonal level, I'd like to thank three parties:

Delicious Deborah:

Sure I have borrowed the name from Arbi. You deserve it as you made the course a delicious one as well. Your participation, comments and notes were evident and valuable throughout the course. I hope that you keep designing wonderful courses among which I will definitely would like to be a member.

The University of Oregon and the US Regional Office (ALC):

Thanks for the initiatives of global learning and communications.Granting a scholarship for such a course is surely highly appreciated.  I see HOPE representing :
    E:  Engage
    P:  People
    O:  Opportunity
    H:  Help
This is what you have given me.

My Fellow members:

Thank you for being so supporting, professional, devoted, willing to learn and to share learning.
I will keep my Blog updated and I will write about my project plan here. You are always welcomed to comment on any post .I hope you keep yours open in future too.

Yours

Hanan

6 comments:

Khuloud Asad Shbat said...

Dear Hanan,

Thanks for your Hope and "You can make a difference" slogan! As Mahatma Gandhi says:" Be the change you want to see in the world"!
I trust you to make a difference… good luck!

Warmly yours,
Khuloud.

Arbi said...

Dear Hanan,

Fear and stress are ,to my mind, necessary ingredients of learning and particularly online courses like this one. But if you were lucky enough to work with a wonderful, supportive and caring class like ours, such negative feelings would quilckly disappear and learning becomes a pleasure we constantly look forward to. You certainly were wonderfully supportive and caring throughout the course. Through your posts, you contributed in making a difference in the way we view teaching and learning. And now, being transformed into a "teacher 2.0", you will certainly make a difference in your school, among your colleagues and most importantly your students/trainees.

Be assured, I'll be commenting on your future blog posts. Just keep on feeding your blog with your intersting reflections.

والسلام ختام يا حنان يا كناش

أخوك و زميلك
العربي امشيش

Arjana said...

Dear Hanan,

I strongly agree with you when you say that you can make a difference. I know you can, because you are a passionate and inspiring teacher. I'm so glad to hear that this course helped you increase your self-confidence and I think that all of us end this course by being more self-confident than at the beginning.

It's been a real pleasure to have met you and a greater pleasure learning with and from you.

Good luck and keep up the good work!
Arjana

Azhar Youssef said...

Dear Hanan,

I strongly agree with you that it is the hope that can make difference. Throughout the course, I’ve noticed both slogans move side by side. And, I wish, even after the course ends, not to give up hope, and not to stop making differences in our lives in general and in our classrooms in particular.

I wish you the best of Luck! Keep in touch!

Yours,
Azhar

Azhar Youssef said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hanan Kanash said...

Dear All:

Thanks a lot for rncouragement and nice comments

Try to stay in touch

Yours

Hanan