Labels

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Week 2 : Project and Reflection

For me,this week needed an enormous effort to be able analyze the tasks then to sythesize them into a coherent whole.

Learning the refined web search was completely new staff to me .I spent days surfing the valuable links provided by our instructor.
By the mid of the week ,I described my class and after consultation with Dr. Deborah ,I decided to focus on the teachers, whom are my target group.
With the simple technology tools availabe, it was a challange designing a project plan for teachers. I chose to work on "Task-based approach"

My goal will be taking the teachers into a journey starting by covering the theoritical pedagogy behind TBL, sailing into the application of the method and finally, transferring the knowledge and skill to other situations. Accordingly, I set the ABCD objectives that I posted and which ,I think , are consolidated through the additional reading I did about "Six Step Approach " in instructional design about at:

http://med.fsu.edu/education/FacultyDevelopment/objectives.asp

and the "DADI" technique presented by Sanjaya Mishra at

http://www.slideshare.net/missan/instructional-design-for-learning-objects

My problem in training teachers is that I cannot get them out of schools often as they are being trained in sevice training. Technology is the sollution here.It will add to the quality of training without affecting the time of the students.
Teachers can have better access to the internet outside duty hours , so by creating a network , I will provide the theoritical material and the assessment for that stage.
Next step will be provding a demo lesson for them to follow,using the internet as well.I will be following them on-line.
At the implementation stage,I hope to video their performance and to share it for reflective feedback. Teachers will be learning from each other instead of just my reflection on the lesson. This process will lead to the final stage of creating similar lessons about teaching a different skill of language.

That was a quick summary of my "Project to be ". through which I will be applying what I learnt during this course through a topic that mt teachers need.
Of course, I expect difficulties and challanges. That's why there is always a plan B idea.

Finally, just to cheer myself and my classmates up, I would share Christopher Reeve
famous quotation with you all,

Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Yours

Hanan

2 comments:

Arbi said...

Dear Hanan,
Thanks for sharing with us the summary of your project plan for you trainees.
I really found the quote about hope very inspiring as well as motivating. Below are two other quotes about hope.

Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. ~George Weinberg


Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless hope.

Best of lucks to you.
Arbi

Hanan Kanash said...

Dear Arbi:

I cannot say more than (WAW )

Thanks